Academic Minor for Music Majors

A music major may elect to pursue an academic minor* in another undergraduate school or college at Howard University. Such minors will usually require 18 hours of credit which may be taken concurrently with the prescribed music curriculum. Students electing an academic minor may expect to add 6 to 12 hours to the total hours normally required for graduation.

The selection of an academic minor must be declared in writing and submitted to the music advisor and the student must consult with the appointed advisor in the academic field.


*The academic minor does not replace the private instruction and other courses labeled "Minor" required in the various music curricula.